Before learning about how to start digital marketing career in Nepal, I want to give a little background on global digital marketing.
What is digital marketing?
“Digital marketing is the marketing of products or services using digital technologies.”
You can name it internet marketing, online marketing, online advertising or whatever it’s all same
You see an ad popping up on YouTube, viral posts on social media, ads on Google while searching for nearby restaurants and so on, these are all different forms of digital marketing.
If you’re interested in creating them, you’re on the way to becoming a digital marketer.
Digital Marketing Channels
Digital marketing is a broad term, it encapsulates all marketing channels and techniques that can be used to promote your business or product on the internet as well as on electronic devices such as television, mobile phones, etc.
It includes various marketing channels, such as;
- Search engine optimization (SEO)
- Pay per click advertising (PPC)
- Content marketing
- Social media marketing
- Web marketing
- Affiliate marketing
- Influencer marketing
- Email marketing
- Video marketing
- Retargeting (Remarketing) and so on
Scope of Digital Marketing in Nepal
Digital marketing is thriving in Nepal and around the world. As every business uses a digital platform to promote it, there is a rapid demand for digital marketers.
The best part is that you don’t even need a degree to get a job in this field however if you got one, it will obviously come handy some day.
There is also a high demand for freelancers. They can work remotely as a content writer, SEO expert, copywriter, ads manager and so on.
You just need training/knowledge on certain channels before you jump into this domain, and as I said digital marketing includes many channels.
It’s just a question of kicking off. Once you get into the game, you’re set to learn more and more.
There are many digital marketing course providers in Nepal. Most of them are similar and it doesn’t matter which one you choose if it excites you.
Why is this field exciting?
- The best thing is you don’t need a certified degree
- Be a jack of all and master of none (Having said that you can later develop expertise on the certain channel)
- You can work from anywhere around the world
- Competitive salary than traditional marketing
- Easily available tools to make marketing life easier
- Millions of content online for the help
- Flexibility in work
- Getting to know people and business culture
- Can spend more time with friends and family due to fewer work hours
- One of the best fields to learn and explore every day.
How to kickstart the digital marketing career in Nepal?
- Take a basic online course on digital marketing
From the best DM courses:
- Get an internship on digital marketing firms
- Start your own blog/website.
The easiest way to do it is to start a WordPress blog, which is free and super easy.
- write contents on topics you are interested
- learn basic on page SEO
- start sharing your content in social media (ask your friends to share the articles)
The websites I prefer to learn from:
“Leverage the strength that you have: that no one else can be you.” – Todd Wheatland
My suggestion, ‘go out there, learn, test yourself and blossom your career’.
Good Luck 🙂